Making Progress

     Flushed the transaxle on the Little Beastie and poured in 2 quarts of
Redline MTL. That stuff is expensive ($40 for the 2 bottles with tax), but WOW!
 A couple unexplained noises have now been successfully vanquished.  I've only
driven it to work and back once so far, but it seems to shift smoother,
especially into second.  Once again, this list comes through with an
outstanding suggestion.
     All that's left to do is replace the shift linkage bushings (waiting for
my questions to the PotterMan to receive a response) and replace the warm-up
regulator to solve the nasty idle problem and it's as good as the day I bought
it.  Better actually, with the upgraded exhaust and suspension :)
     Only minor problem was getting the speedometer gear back in correctly.  I
hate that little bolt.  It's back in, but it brings up an interesting question.
 Other than putting the fluid in through the Speedo hole in top, what other
places do people pour the fluid through into the transaxle?  I could never
figure out an easy and effective way to pour through the filler hole in the
side.

--
Cheers,
Colin

If you can read this line, you're probably not illiterate.