From: scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of cwass99@rogers.com
Sent: Tuesday, April 23, 2002 8:21 PM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Making Progress

     Flushed the transaxle on the Little Beastie and poured in 2 quarts
of Redline MTL. That stuff is expensive ($40 for the 2 bottles with
tax), but WOW!  A couple unexplained noises have now been successfully
vanquished.  I've only driven it to work and back once so far, but it
seems to shift smoother, especially into second.  Once again, this list
comes through with an outstanding suggestion.
     All that's left to do is replace the shift linkage bushings
(waiting for my questions to the PotterMan to receive a response) and
replace the warm-up regulator to solve the nasty idle problem and it's
as good as the day I bought it.  Better actually, with the upgraded
exhaust and suspension :)
     Only minor problem was getting the speedometer gear back in
correctly.  I hate that little bolt.  It's back in, but it brings up an
interesting question.  Other than putting the fluid in through the
Speedo hole in top, what other places do people pour the fluid through
into the transaxle?  I could never figure out an easy and effective way
to pour through the filler hole in the side.

--
Cheers,
Colin

If you can read this line, you're probably not illiterate.