Virus Alert from Brian Wagner

Quoting Night Shadow <soltwede@privateI.com>:

> Can't be the mail server, it is running Sun Solaris (which is Unix) on
> Sun
> hardware...this worm attacks Windoze.
>
> Eric
>

> On Wed, 24 Apr 2002, Jason Adams wrote:
>
> > This is the Klez worm, as you probably know...
> >
> > details @ ... http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_99455.htm
> >
> > I know my yahoo account has sent out the virus to some people on the
> list, I
> > have since deactivated that account, however I'm at a loss as to how
> it
> > happened... I've not used that account for months.  Is the .org server
> okay?
> > as my account info would have been on it?
> >
> > I dunno?

I read up on this virus, and it will scan files on machines it has infected for
email addresses, then use that as the fake From: address.

If you get one, you really need to examine the full headers of the message
to see where it originated.  Surf the web for pages on how to do that if you
are interested.  Otherwise, realize that the From: address from which you
receive the virus is probably faked.

| Jim Jarrett,Rochester NY       93 Passat GLX,     84 Scirocco                     |
| mailto:jarrett@rpa.net         81 Rabbit Convertible 16v                                 |
|    Any problem can be solved with the proper application of                       |
|   Force, Heat, Chemicals, or Money.                                                                |