today was a good day(long)

Hey hitman, I am a Canadian, and my '83 Scirocco is a
GT.  I have the dealer invoice and the showroom
sticker for it.  It is essentially a Wolfsburg, but it
has  UK badging on it.  I think they call it the GTS
in the UK.  It has american bumpers and american
lights.  The PO bought it new and he told me how many
Sciroccos came to Canada that way, and it wasn't very
many , I think he said less than 100 of them in '83.
Does anyone have one or has anyone seen a Canadian car
like this?  I think that someone posted a picture
before.

Chris J.
'83 Sciroco GT
'81 Kawasaki KZ550

--- the hitman <vwscir88@hotmail.com> wrote:

<HR>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>went out to streetsboro to check out that canadian
gtx today, well it wasn't a gtx but it was canadian.
anyone ever hear of a scirocco gts? this was a silver
carbed 8v with a big decal down both sides proclaiming
her to be a gts. anyways, the car had been sitting in
a cow pasture for what looks to have been a hundred
years or so, i wasn't impressed. elmar said i could
take everything i wanted for a $100, not thinking i
find anything i gave her a quick inspection. found
some goodies! 1 rear euro bumper, 1 set eurolights, 1
pair of all black w/ no chrome strip and manuel
windows door cards (yes josh, i thought of you and
snatched them up), 1 set of american racing rims(the
ones that are a blantant copy of the bbs's), factory
fog lamp switch, a 220km/ 7k gauge cluster(why i took
this i still don't know), and best of all, 1 setrab
oil cooler complete with braided lines and sandwich
plate! yes, all for the low price of $100! but thats
not all, elmar hooked me up with the complete drivers
side power window assembly, lower grill, center caps,
and passenger side door handle for my lil bro's audi
coupe gt. and as if thats not enough for one day,
elmar kindly pointed out a wrecked passat wagon he had
sitting there. that's right you guessed it, 2l 16v. he
said he'd sell me the engine for $250, and it only has
47k on it! on top of all this, i had time to finally
put the exhaust system on my bro's audi, replace his
spark plugs, and fix a broken hose that i had been
promising him i do since feb. yes, today was a good
day!<BR><BR><BR><HTML></P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>So Sayeth The Hitman
</DIV>http://www.techography.net/brettsgarage