From: Cathy Boyko <losinit@usa.net>
To: <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Friday, April 19, 2002 7:55 PM
Subject: Wheel clearance question

I guess this is technically OT, since it is on the Beetle, but how much
clearance should there be between the wheel spokes and the calipers? These
new
ones seem quite close, maybe 3 mm space, they are supposed to be the right
offset, but I'm wondering if a spacer is in order. I haven't gone for a
drive
yet, I just installed them. The stock ones had a flat face, so I never
noticed
how close they were. Thanks for your expert advice, I await your feedback.

Rocco content: The car is still on the hoist, I expect some kind of
screaming
crazy post to appear when I do get it back though!! (it's in for fun stuff,
not just cause it's ailing) More on that shortly, I hope!

Cathy (excuse my typos, I can hardly see for migraine auras, like the aurora
borealis in your eyes)

99 New Beetle TDI, with NEW BOOTS
87 16V Scirocco, up on a pedestal again, also getting new boots
and some other scrap iron, some of them got hand me down tires from the
"chosen ones".