Wheel clearance question

I guess this is technically OT, since it is on the Beetle, but how much
clearance should there be between the wheel spokes and the calipers? Thes=
e new
ones seem quite close, maybe 3 mm space, they are supposed to be the righ=
offset, but I'm wondering if a spacer is in order. I haven't gone for a d=
rive
yet, I just installed them. The stock ones had a flat face, so I never no=
ticed
how close they were. Thanks for your expert advice, I await your feedback=
=2E
 =

Rocco content: The car is still on the hoist, I expect some kind of screa=
ming
crazy post to appear when I do get it back though!! (it's in for fun stuf=
f,
not just cause it's ailing) More on that shortly, I hope! =

Cathy (excuse my typos, I can hardly see for migraine auras, like the aur=
ora
borealis in your eyes)

99 New Beetle TDI, with NEW BOOTS
87 16V Scirocco, up on a pedestal again, also getting new boots =

and some other scrap iron, some of them got hand me down tires from the
"chosen ones".