Suspension

That seems to be about the going rate for this type of
suspension. I've just been researching it myself. I
presume you're talking about the BSI setup? I've heard
very good feedback about Stu and his shop.

Myself, I decided to go through Solo Specialties for
virtually the exact same setup. Just placed the order
tonite, actually. The reason I went with them is that
Geoff Zimmer (the owner of Solo Specialities) is very
familiar with the particular spring/swaybar combo I'm
going to run. The setup is a little "wierd" by normal
VW standards, and he's having the rear shocks custom
valved for me to match. As you might guess, he also
specializes in autocross, where BSI is almost strictly
road-racing. Since my car is an almost-dedicated
autocrosser, Geoff has been able to help more with
tuning advice. He runs an FSP Rabbit nationally
himself. I met him at the last event, and he and his
codriver Chris are awesome.

The price: about $1430. I think it might even be
cheaper if you don't need the revalving of the rears,
but you'd have to ask. I'm not sure if that includes
shipping or not yet, and it includes a shock dyno
chart from Koni for the rears. FYI, he also quoted me
about $1730 for the same setup but with the rear
shocks modified for dual adjustability.

If you want, email him at geoffz@PRODIGY.NET, and tell
him I sent you.

Neal

--- Nick <86scirocco@jaxdubs.com> wrote:
> I am lookin at this suspension setup:
>
> Custom Koni Double Adj. Front / Single Rear Adj
> Custom Shortened A2 Strut Housings
> 7" Front/5" Rear Coil Over Kits
> Eibach Springs 2 Front/2 Rear (8" x 2.5 dia. x Any
> Rate)
> Spring seat rear  BSI Custom Alumin
>
> Does this sound like a good setup? Also is it worth
> $1500?
>

> Nick
> '01 Jetta VR6
> '86 Scirocco 16v (Money Pit)