  From: Calimus
  To: Scirocco-l
  Sent: Thursday, April 18, 2002 9:03 PM
  Subject: really screwed here with the cooling system

  I think I've narrowed the problem down to air trapped in the radiator & top radiator hose.  The side of the radiator away from the hoses is staying cool to the touch.  However, the other side where the hoses are gets nice and hot and the top radiator hose isn't getting any water in it.  How the hell do i fix this.  I'm at my last ahir to pull out and I'm supposed to be going to a VW show in Tenn tomorrow night any my car is being a complete bitch.  I'm very positive there isn't a blockage since I didn't have a problem before I replaced that 3 way hose that sprung a leak.  I really need help here since as best I figure, VW radiators have the cores going horizontal (from what I could see) rather then vertical.

  HHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!

  William

--Boundary_(ID_HBDYOyuT1Fok4jCbW3T3+A)

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>take out t-stat, drill 2 small holes in
it.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; fill the radiator at the upper
hose,&nbsp;not the reservior (take the upper hose off at the radiator, tilt the
hose upward and fill it until water comes out of the reservior, cap the
reservior, then add more water until water comes out of the radiator fitting.
replace hoses.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; start er up, let it warm up,
idle it at 1500 rpm or so. It should be warmer at the other side of the
radiator, but keep in mind that is the coolest part of the radiator with the car
running. Let it idle till the fan kicks on a few times. See if temp stabilizes
(it should). Once all is good, turn it off and *DO NOT REMOVE THE RESERVIOR
CAP*. Doing so while its hot will shift the bubble from the reservior to the
head.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Al</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr
  <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
  <DIV
  style="BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color: black"><B>From:</B>
  <A title=calimus@techography.net
  href="mailto:calimus@techography.net";>Calimus</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>To:</B> <A title=scirocco-l@scirocco.org
  href="mailto:scirocco-l@scirocco.org";>Scirocco-l</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Thursday, April 18, 2002 9:03
  PM</DIV>
  <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> really screwed here with the
  cooling system</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>I think I've narrowed the problem down to air
  trapped in the radiator &amp; top radiator hose.&nbsp; The side of the
  radiator away from the hoses is staying cool to the touch.&nbsp; However, the
  other side where the hoses are gets nice and hot and the top radiator hose
  isn't getting any water in it.&nbsp; How the hell do i fix this.&nbsp; I'm at
  my last ahir to pull out and I'm supposed to be going to a VW show in Tenn
  tomorrow night any my car is being a complete bitch.&nbsp; I'm very positive
  there isn't a blockage since I didn't have a problem before I replaced that 3
  way hose that sprung a leak.&nbsp; I really need help here since as best I
  figure, VW radiators have the cores going horizontal (from what I could see)
  rather then vertical.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=Arial
  size=2>HHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>William</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

--Boundary_(ID_HBDYOyuT1Fok4jCbW3T3+A)--