really screwed here with the cooling system

<P>i haven't seen anyone mention this, and i could be wrong here, but wasn't there something about raising the ass end of the car up to burp the system? my buddy mike who used to work on my car said something about having the rear higher then the radiator, giving air a way to escape. am i right or wrong on this one?<BR><BR></P></DIV>
<DIV></DIV><BR><BR><BR>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>So Sayeth The Hitman </DIV>'88 scirocco 16v
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>http://www.techography.net/brettsgarage
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;From: "Calimus" <CALIMUS@TECHOGRAPHY.NET>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;To: "Scirocco-l" <SCIROCCO-L@SCIROCCO.ORG>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Subject: really screwed here with the cooling system
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 21:03:56 -0400
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;I think I've narrowed the problem down to air trapped in the radiator &amp; top radiator hose. The side of the radiator away from the hoses is staying cool to the touch. However, the other side where the hoses are gets nice and hot and the top radiator hose isn't getting any water in it. How the hell do i fix this. I'm at my last ahir to pull out and I'm supposed to be going to a VW show in Tenn tomorrow night any my car is being a complete bitch. I'm very positive there isn't a blockage since I didn't have a problem before I replaced that 3 way hose that sprung a leak. I really need help here since as best I figure, VW radiators have the cores going horizontal (from what I could see) rather then vertical.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;HHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;William