[HEADWORK] Port Match and Polishing

On Sun, 14 Apr 2002 17:20:43 -0400 "Dan Bubb" <jdbubb@ix.netcom.com>
writes:
>Taking .04" off a JH head on an ABA block (assuming the ABA is 10:1
>stock) will get you 10.8 CR.
>Taking .04" off a JH head on a JH block (assuming it is 8.5:1 stock)
>will get you 9.1 CR.
>Just thought I'd harden up some numbers.
>Dan

See, and ive been told by "machinist" that shaving .04 will get you .7CR
increase. Its all hearsay when it comes right down to it. To get a
precise number, you must measure everything. The block could have been
resurfaced previously so this comes into play with the final numbers.
Pistons are not always the same, although not drastically different but
the overall end results could be a .1-.5 difference than the best
guestimate. It is alot of additional work and special tools are required
but in the end, if you need to know, there is only one way to find out
what you've got.

I think my 82 has 9.2-1 and my 84 has 11.4-1. Thats my best guess.  :)

Shawn Méze
86' Jetta GLi 8V   88' Corvette -SS 30- 2001 SDR Solo2 Champion
82' Scirocco GTi -FSP 54-   79' "Project FSP Scirocco"  84' Scirocco 8V
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco(s) in all of
San Diego!

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.