[HEADWORK] Port Match and Polishing

I installed a head that I port and polished myself last week.  I didn't take
a bunch off but smoothed things out mostly.   Runs very strong and quiet.
The following is what I did:

1.  Shaved head 40 thousandths  (the MAX for shaving a 16v head without
having to move the tensioner stud--I can flip the tensioner all the way
over!!!)

2.  New intake valves, exhaust valves, and valve guides.

3.  Exhaust cam on intake side which creates an asymetrical cam set and a
nice lumpy idle but not radical.  Have heard that this is similar to a 268?
I might, and probably am, wrong but I measured the lobes and the exhaust
lobes were much bigger over all and longer duration.

4.  2.0L cam gears for quieter chain operation.

5.  Adjustable cam sprocket--almost a necessity for shaving the head so
much.

6.  Autotech HD springs.

7.  Ground vave seats.

8.  Deshrouded valves.

9.  Slight combustion chamber polish.

10.  Minor port and polish.

11.  2.0L 16v head.

12.  STOCK TIMING BELT ADJUSTER STUD!!  I installed the head with the
adjuster on the stud so I didn't have to pull the stud to install the
tensioner.  From now on, I will jack up the motor to replace this so I don't
wear out the threads in the head.  Heck, it's only time and I have more of
it than money!!

I like this setup and feel it flows nicer and smoother than the P/P 1.8 head
with euro cam.  I still need to play with the timing a little since I
adjusted it advanced because of the increased compression and cam setup and
still don't get even one ping so I think I might need to play with the
adjustable cam sprocket a little.

Check out pictures of the head not installed here:

http://pages.prodigy.net/dcewing/_uimages/2.016v1.JPG
http://pages.prodigy.net/dcewing/_uimages/2.016v2.JPG
http://pages.prodigy.net/dcewing/_uimages/2.016v3.JPG
http://pages.prodigy.net/dcewing/_uimages/2.016v4.JPG

These weren't the final product but it was nice to be able to take pics then
shape and smooth more accurately after looking at the pics.

Dave