[RE: QUIETEST performance exhaust system?]

---------- Original Message -------------------------
---------
From: "Dave Ewing" <rabbit16v@prodigy.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 01:11:53 -0700

>I think I posted this before so for all you new
people or forgetful
>individuals here is the best exhaust setup.  TT
racing downpipe (unless you
>need a cat), TT 2 1/4" cat back system hooked to a
late model factory Saab
>9000 turbo (mine is from either a 95 or 96).  I
have NOTHING in between.  No
>glass back, resonator, cat, nothing and it sounds
deep and smooth.  I had
>used a dynamax muffler (twice!!) and when I put on
the Saab muffler, it
>increased the power and decreased the sound.
Perfect!!

>Dave

I completely forgot about that... 8^)

I have a '95 Saab 9000 turbo muffler in my attic,
with around 5K miles on it...

Did you clamp it on, or weld it on?
The reason I ask is that the piping is around 16ga.
very thick for a muffler.

Peter - The forgetful one...
Bear Delaware 19701
'79 Scirocco 16V, '83 & '84 GTI