i need help!!!!!!!!!!!!

MrAudi wrote:

> ok, i was up till 3am last night working on my roc. i took the cams out and
> timed them right. the intake cam was retarded one tooth. the timing marks on
> the timing belt sprocket are dead one, as well as the crank marks. now i
> seem to have an issue with the ignition timing. it is advanced as far as it
> will go, and it will only run if it is like that. if i retard it is will
> idle but will not rev. i also tried changing the hold down bolyts to the
> opposite holes and retarding it as far as possible, and then advancing all
> the plug wires but then it was way too far advanced. is it possible the
> dist. is in upside down. on mine the plug is facing down, towards the
> coolant line on the head. should it be facing up toward the throttle body?
> aslo, i have a question about the camshafts them selves. they both had
> factory markings on them, but they both also had 276 stamped on them in big
> numbers. does this mean something? thanks again for all the help!
>
> Jason Neubold
> 85 Maroon 8v
> 86 Tornado Red 16v
> 85 Tornado Red Audi Coupe GT

It is very possible the 16v Dist can go in 180 degrees out.

Have you tried the archives?
(They are being regenerated as I write and I can search them myself
right now.)

My room mate picked up a gold one of these at the auction:
<http://www.bentleypublishers.com/product.htm?code=GBM6>
The car, not the manual. heh, heh.

TBerk