i need help!!!!!!!!!!!!

i am trying to figure out if there is something wrong with my 16v. it seems
to run great. nice steady idle at about 900 rpm. statrts right up in the
morning. now, heres my problem. it seems to have no power under 3000rpm's.
it is especially noticable when starting out. if i don;t rev it or really
baby the clutch it will just stall. if i want to pull out fast i literally
have to floor it and dump the clutch. above 3000 it pulls good. i changed
the timing belt today , but i put the new belt on with the same timing as
the old one. is it maybe a timing issue? it is also as rich as it can be
without having a crappy idle. if i advance the dist. anymore it idles at
1500rpm's , and even if i do it doesn;t seem to make a big difference. any
ideas??? i would really really appreciate it!!!!

Jason