(ot)i realyy hate to ask this ? here but....

Actually you can cam VTEC equipped cars. The cam lobes are each split into
three sections. The outer are the lower ELEV type profiles, and the inner is
your VTEC, high HP profile (IIRC, might be the other way around). The
tappets/cam followers are what are electronically controlled to follow
either A or B profile, not the cams themselves.

So by changing the cams, you're only changing the profiles that the VTEC
system's electronically controlled followers are following. You can also get
VTEC controllers, that change the RPM at which the VTEC system grabs for the
high performance profile. Modded right, VTEC is a very cool system (it's
pretty in on it's own, but Honda uses whack stock profiles and itty biddy
engines that don't take advantage of it's full potential). Imagine running
stock AND 276* cams in your car, and being able to cruise around with a
normal idle and good gas mileage most of the time, and then being able to
kick in those 276's when you wan to rip around like Shannon. :)  That's what
VTEC does (basically).

Joshua Hignight
Student Services/Technical Services
New Mexico Campus