(ot)i realyy hate to ask this ? here but....

i was at the bar tonight and ended uo talking to this guy that owns a vtech
honda. he was telling me about what he has done to it etc. and said that he
had installed new cams. am i wrong here, but my understanding of the vtech
was that the duration and lift in those where controlled electronically. i
didn't say anything to the guy because i wasn't sure, but do i have my
understanding of the vtech wrong or is this guy full of shit?
   hit