for those of you that like low end torque... (long reply)

--part1_a4.2455b1da.29e9425e_boundary

The main reason they use the 1.8 for boosting in drag cars is mainly the fact
that you can blow them up all day long and get more bottem ends for free.
Thats how I remember those two explaining why they run 1.8s. Cost and
availability was the main reason.
The rod ratio of the 1.8 is more boost freindly too aiding in longevity.

not knocking your choice of engines just adding another point of view

Jasin
has a free 1.8 in my garage right now

--part1_a4.2455b1da.29e9425e_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>The main reason they use the 1.8 for boosting in drag cars is mainly the fact that you can blow them up all day long and get more bottem ends for free.
<BR>Thats how I remember those two explaining why they run 1.8s. Cost and availability was the main reason.
<BR>The rod ratio of the 1.8 is more boost freindly too aiding in longevity.
<BR>
<BR>not knocking your choice of engines just adding another point of view
<BR>
<BR>Jasin
<BR>has a free 1.8 in my garage right now </FONT></HTML>

--part1_a4.2455b1da.29e9425e_boundary--