Retrofit BMW 'Angel Eyes' to Mk1 Headlights

UrGTI@aol.com wrote:

> If we could find out what the rings are made of using the LED trick
> from the other guys writeup looks like the way to go.
> I have a few plastics places near me also, I am ready to pull my H4s
> apart in the name of science.
>
> Jasin

Yeah, looks like the acrylic has both flush ends AND some cuts in the
surface as if hot spokes had been laid across the surface and left a
kerf or depression behind.

I believe these have the effect of scattering the light at these points
to help diffuse and re-aim the light out the edge facing towards the
front of the car.

TBerk