Switching Mk1 to 100 mm

<Found this old post in my Drafts folder, it's really old> tb

Well, it's raining again so I'm back to plotting and scheming. More of
the new stuff is assembled but hardly none of it is actually ON the car.

8(

I was looking at the 9A transaxle I have and was thinking of switching
over to 100 mm CV etc.

I understand that 16v front hubs are the way to go, but I'll also need
the axles and CVs too right?. Wait- someone mentioned I could reuse one
side of the A2 GTI axle set but not the other.

Besides the peppier gearing I also get a better platform for improved
braking up front. Otherwise I'll just repack my old 90 mm CVs and go
with what's on the Roc already.

TBerk
the FN already has Redline in it.
I think I asked this same question six months ago.