Mechanics] Ramps versus jacks.

The "fork lift" buried in your driveway?! ... DO IT!
  I've drawn out scissors and jaws-of-death-type (roller/wedge)mechanisms.
They each have serious limitations, not in strength but in planform
size-to-lift ratios.  Hydraulics (yes, mucho $$$) is the only thing, besides
a long ball-screw, that can lift the weight while having a small enough
footprint.  Either way, the mechanism must be sunken deep in the earth....
I'd like to help you on this project. (yeah, the Meze reflects, just like he
helped me with the alternator bracket....)  :)

Larry