Mechanics] Ramps versus jacks.

On Wed, 10 Apr 2002 16:37:41 -0700 "Larry" <rocco16v@netzero.com> writes:
>You got it! You got it!
> What I am trying to design now are some small (8" x 8"?), low (two
>inches
>high max) lifts, one for each tire, that the car can roll up on. These
>individual lifts would then raise up, lifting the car about 10 inches.
> This
>would leave maximum room to work under the car.  So far the mechanics
>of
>doing this would be out of the question, unless I could sink some
>hydraulic
>cylinders into my driveway.  But, then, that wouldn't be cheap
>either.....

Hydraulics are cool.
COme on dude, your doing it the hard way. I expect better from an
engineer of your caliber.
DOOD, a ram laying flat that when operated out, forces a roller into a
wedge moving the car up. You would need 2 rams, one for each side. or a
simple scissors setup, would require more welding but welding is cool.

The problem is hyd pumps are spendy. As are rams. I have a few laying
around my shop that im considering using in a lift setup. Actually, I
have the whole mast off a fork lift thats rated at 4000 lbs. Catch my
drift? Im thinking when I pour my slab for the garage I will encorporate
forks into the pad. Then I can lower them flush. The rest could be
simple....

I shoulda been an engineer....

Shawn Méze
86' Jetta GLi 8V   88' Corvette -SS 30- 2001 SDR Solo2 Champion
82' Scirocco GTi -FSP 54-   79' "Project FSP Scirocco"  84' Scirocco 8V
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco(s) in all of
San Diego!

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.