[tech] Audi 1.8T in a MKII Rocco???

--part1_fb.2465e4a3.29e52ca5_boundary

>From what I have seen of the cars in our local club the VW 1.8T engine
management sucks when you try to mod it and reprogram it.
Both the KO4 upgraded cars are having major software problems, they are
constantly throwing codes, going into limp home mode, overboosting,
underboosting etc etc.

One guy blew a new KO4 after less than 2000 miles. The "chip" was alowing
something like 25 psi.

I go out in my 70s technology VW and beat them every which way but loose.

Not to mention that pesky drive by wire that wont let you left foot brake and
keep the power on. I think in the long run if you will come out ahead with an
aftermarket ECU, sell the stock parts and save the headaches for the guys
with "chips".

Jasin
my nickels worth

--part1_fb.2465e4a3.29e52ca5_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>From what I have seen of the cars in our local club the VW 1.8T engine management sucks when you try to mod it and reprogram it.
<BR>Both the KO4 upgraded cars are having major software problems, they are constantly throwing codes, going into limp home mode, overboosting, underboosting etc etc.
<BR>
<BR>One guy blew a new KO4 after less than 2000 miles. The "chip" was alowing something like 25 psi.
<BR>
<BR>I go out in my 70s technology VW and beat them every which way but loose.
<BR>
<BR>Not to mention that pesky drive by wire that wont let you left foot brake and keep the power on. I think in the long run if you will come out ahead with an aftermarket ECU, sell the stock parts and save the headaches for the guys with "chips".
<BR>
<BR>Jasin
<BR>my nickels worth</FONT></HTML>

--part1_fb.2465e4a3.29e52ca5_boundary--