[tech] Audi 1.8T in a MKII Rocco???

UrGTI@aol.com wrote:

> From what I have seen of the cars in our local club the VW 1.8T engine
> management sucks when you try to mod it and reprogram it.
> Both the KO4 upgraded cars are having major software problems, they
> are constantly throwing codes, going into limp home mode,
> overboosting, underboosting etc etc.
>
> One guy blew a new KO4 after less than 2000 miles. The "chip" was
> alowing something like 25 psi.
>
> I go out in my 70s technology VW and beat them every which way but
> loose.
>
> Not to mention that pesky drive by wire that wont let you left foot
> brake and keep the power on. I think in the long run if you will come
> out ahead with an aftermarket ECU, sell the stock parts and save the
> headaches for the guys with "chips".
>
> Jasin
> my nickels worth

OK, but there is a 1.8t donor that doesn't run drive by wire, right?
Shi... uh I ,mean Shoot- If I put a working 1.8t into my Mk1 Scirocco I
wouldn't even worry about chipping the damn thing, just quaiffing it.

Stock and reliable and less than twenty years old? What's not to like.

SOmebody might say, 'well why stop there, keep going!'

To that I direct the thoughtful reader to the movie Boomerang and the
though thread based on 'You cant stop there, you have to
Co-Ooordinate!...'.

Better it works well than doesn't work faster.

TBerk