[tech] Audi 1.8T in a MKII Rocco???

> but can someone living in the VW-deprived parts of the
> country with no hook-ups to auto salvage wholesalers
> or race shops realistically pull it off? Doubtful.

Man, I feel sorry for all y'all that aren't knee deep in dubs. They're all
over the place up here in the North East. I do realize fully that these
silly deals I get are not typical. I wasn't suggesting that a 1.8T project
could be done absolutely this cheaply.

However, I'll tell you this much... That SDS system was sitting out in plain
view for anyone at the VW show to snatch up. Guess who was selling it?
Remember Scott Kraus, the guy who show'd up to Cincy last year with that
yellow trailer queen Mk2 Scirocco 16v? Remember busting his pretentious
balls about the helmet on the seat plus the recording studio equalizer under
his dash? Yeah, him. Anybody could have bought his SDS system without any
special arrangement.

Similarly, the 1.8T motor was selling for $500 to the general public. That's
a 200% markup above what my buddy got it for, but at that price who cares?
You don't need outrageous connections to find the deals. You simply have to
be awake... and maybe up here or out in SoCal. :^)

Neal, you're a perfect example of what I'm talking about, actually. Rather
than pay big bucks for the programmable EMS that every tuner will tell you
that you must have, you're going the sensible route with the G60
stuff. -lots of bang for the buck!

> And if I wanted to be really mean <evil grin>, I'd ask
> if this will be done soon/cheaply just like your
> throttle-body 16v project! <chuckle>

DOH! I resemble that comment! :^( Btw, the 1.8T project that we're building
up will be offered to some dubber for CHEAP. So, somebody will walk away
with an incredibly cheap hotrod. :^) Who says you can't get more for less?
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut

Check out our rally team's website!