Ground wires

If it's an indication, on v. late A1's (i.e., my '93 Cabby) and on
A2's, the factory changed one enine-tranny bolt to include a stud for
attaching a ground cable.  So one choice is to get that stud.  More
practically, run a ground cable to one of the starter bolts, or even
one of the tranny case bolts.

FWIW, my local hardware stores have suitable copper lugs in the screw
stock section (not in the electrical section, since that's household
stuff generally).  A bench vise works nicely to crimp the lug; I use a
screwdriver shaft on one side (held on the same axis as the wire) to
put a nice indent in it, versus just letting the vise smash it flat.
HTH.

Ron