A/C Q for whoever may know.... (repost from when i fixed riegera/c last year)

ok, here is a repost from last year when i fixed the a/c in the rieger (which still works perfect,
btw).

-----

ok, went to auto-zone a couple of days ago, bought the r-134a retrofit kit (~$40), went home, let
the (very little) bit of freon out of my system, followed directions on box. fairly simple really,
fire up engine, put in 1 can 134, 1 can oil, then the rest of the cans of 134. 20 minutes later i
had working a/c. shut car off, sprayed soapy water on joints for a quick leak check (none visible).
i've been using it for the past 2 days, working so far. if it developes/has a leak i'll just get the
$20 can of r-134a stop leak and throw that in, followed by some $2 cans of r-134a, heheh.
honestly i think the oil included has a bit of the stop leak stuff in it already.
as far as all the questions you must have about having to change o-rings, seals, compressors, etc. i
dont know what to tell you. all i know is the crap works, and im using the hell out of it.
besides, the rieger looks alot better driving around with the windows up, heh.
al

Allyn Malventano, ET1(SS), USN
87 rocco 16v (rieger gto - green - 'der rocco' - a/c WORKING)
87 jetta 8v wolfsburg 2dr (260k, still tight :)

--------

Allyn Malventano, ETC(SS), USN
87 Rieger GTO Scirocco 16v (daily driver, 170k, rocco #6)
86 Kamei Twin 16V Turbo Scirocco GTX ('it has begun', rocco #7)
87 Jetta 8v Wolfsburg 2dr (daily driver, 260k, 0 rattles, original clutch, driveshafts, wheels :)

(my, how things change)