From: "Cathy Boyko" <losinit@usa.net>
To: <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Sunday, April 07, 2002 11:46 AM
Subject: scirocco(passat).org GTG-Rumors and lies (long)

Well, I was lucky enough to go to the North American epicentre of Sciroccodom
yesterday, Brett's place, for the purpose of socializing and engine removal,
the victim was a 16V, from (where else) Daun's.

A few randoms thoughts and observations:
1. Brett is dangerous with an air chisel, and the sound amplified by the
engine bay is a bit less than musical. He is an incredibly good sport, but
will have to keep an eye on those boys of his, they are already busy testing
the grippiness of the (plastic) tires on their battery driven car, the apple
doesn't fall far from the tree I guess.
2. Allyn, sorry buddy, you're too late. Daun has a twin engine Passat now, and
may be cruising around in it as we speak. It won't last long though, he
somehow managed a speeding ticket in Julie's car on three cylinders, so the
cops will nail him quickly in that "bad boy" wagon. Daun, we'll talk about the
"photos" later...
3. Hot chocolate is appreciated much more by half frozen people. So are seat
heaters. Canadian candy is appreciated at least as much as Canadian beer.
4. Julie is delighted with the newfound power, a 25% increase, and at no cost.
She is starting a rumour that her car is as fast as a TDI. Not true, I just
didn't want to soot her out totally (that's my story, and I'm sticking to
it...the truth? you will never know ;P )
5. Ben makes a good tranny landing pad. And is a good sport too, I was amazed
that there were no cross words during the whole operation.
6. VW's fit nicely into other VWs. Unbelievable how much you can stuff in if
you try.
7. I feel very left out. I do not own a Passat. What a poor excuse for a
Scirocco GTG. Julie had the only representative of the breed besides Brett's,
but there were at least 19 Passats in the driveway, or at least it looked like
it.
8. Jason Camissa (is that spelled right???) is rotting in a Canadian jail.
They either got him at the border, or in Toronto for saying OOOT too many
times (local bylaw), not really sure, but he didn't show up at Brett's. (this
may be a rumour...)
9. Jim leads a heck of a good convoy, and he really DOES own a Scirocco. I saw
it! (or maybe he's like me and just borrows one on occasion to make it seem
like he has one...)
10. Without doubt, this is a fine group of people, and very dedicated to these
cars. Conversation seldom strayed far from VWs, (okay, maybe a few times) and
the removal went as smoothly can be expected on old machinery. Of course I had
the "challenging" task of writing labels, so it's easy for me to say. Brett
may have a different perspective, he was underneath spinning/snapping
/grinding/chiselling the offending nuts, bolts and metal oxides.
A fun day folks, pictures will be posted when they come back! Daun and Julie,
be good out there! the cops will get ya!
Cathy, waiting for Cincy with much anticipaition!