scirocco(passat).org GTG-Rumors and lies (long)

Well, I was lucky enough to go to the North American epicentre of Scirocc=
odom
yesterday, Brett's place, for the purpose of socializing and engine remov=
al,
the victim was a 16V, from (where else) Daun's.

A few randoms thoughts and observations:
1. Brett is dangerous with an air chisel, and the sound amplified by the
engine bay is a bit less than musical. He is an incredibly good sport, bu=
will have to keep an eye on those boys of his, they are already busy test=
ing
the grippiness of the (plastic) tires on their battery driven car, the ap=
ple
doesn't fall far from the tree I guess.
2. Allyn, sorry buddy, you're too late. Daun has a twin engine Passat now=
, and
may be cruising around in it as we speak. It won't last long though, he
somehow managed a speeding ticket in Julie's car on three cylinders, so t=
he
cops will nail him quickly in that "bad boy" wagon. Daun, we'll talk abou=
t the
"photos" later...
3. Hot chocolate is appreciated much more by half frozen people. So are s=
eat
heaters. Canadian candy is appreciated at least as much as Canadian beer.=

4. Julie is delighted with the newfound power, a 25% increase, and at no =
cost.
She is starting a rumour that her car is as fast as a TDI. Not true, I ju=
st
didn't want to soot her out totally (that's my story, and I'm sticking to=

it...the truth? you will never know ;P )
5. Ben makes a good tranny landing pad. And is a good sport too, I was am=
azed
that there were no cross words during the whole operation.
6. VW's fit nicely into other VWs. Unbelievable how much you can stuff in=
 if
you try.
7. I feel very left out. I do not own a Passat. What a poor excuse for a
Scirocco GTG. Julie had the only representative of the breed besides Bret=
t's,
but there were at least 19 Passats in the driveway, or at least it looked=
 like
it. =

8. Jason Camissa (is that spelled right???) is rotting in a Canadian jail=
=2E
They either got him at the border, or in Toronto for saying OOOT too many=

times (local bylaw), not really sure, but he didn't show up at Brett's. (=
this
may be a rumour...)
9. Jim leads a heck of a good convoy, and he really DOES own a Scirocco. =
I saw
it! (or maybe he's like me and just borrows one on occasion to make it se=
em
like he has one...)
10. Without doubt, this is a fine group of people, and very dedicated to =
these
cars. Conversation seldom strayed far from VWs, (okay, maybe a few times)=
 and
the removal went as smoothly can be expected on old machinery. Of course =
I had
the "challenging" task of writing labels, so it's easy for me to say. Bre=
tt
may have a different perspective, he was underneath spinning/snapping
/grinding/chiselling the offending nuts, bolts and metal oxides. =

A fun day folks, pictures will be posted when they come back! Daun and Ju=
lie,
be good out there! the cops will get ya!
Cathy, waiting for Cincy with much anticipaition!