PISSED!!!! Help me!

Being a technician myself, it sounds like the disconnected a vacuum hose
once you told them you weren't going to pay the whole $270.  Believe me,
this happens, and seems to be justified by them because you didn't pay the
whole amount.  They may have cranked on the air/fuel screw too!!  Man I hate
it when a bunch of lunatics make the automotive industry look bad!!!

Dave