Stealerships

Tell VWOA what Stan said.
Tell VWOA that you have lost faith in the dealership and are afraid they
will sabotage your car if they are compelled to replace the tank (and
anything they break) and ask VWOA if you can take your car to an
independent shop and have VWOA reimburse you.
Tell VWOA that service managers like Stan make you very concerned about the
validity of VW warranties.
Tell VWOA that you got this suggestion while communicating with many other
VW owners on the Internet.
Dealers who refuse to carry out warranty work do a disservice to customers
and the manufacturer.

Chris