Stealerships

So i set my '88 16V up to have my gas tank replaced under factory recall.  i
had taken it to Midwestern Auto Group in Columbus Ohio to have the
inspection and replacement.  When i dropped it off there yesterday for the
actual work to be done i rec'v a call about an hour later stating they would
have to drop the axel.  They then tell me that since my car is so old they
might break some fuel and/or brake lines which i would have to pay for
completely, parts and labor!  i normally do all the work myself on my car
and in fact just replaced the brake fluid myself, as well as a whole new
exhaust system, so i am very intimate with the rear of my car (easy gutter
minds ;p).  i tried to negotiate any kind of price break before i let them
do the work with the service mgr Stan.  No dice.  He becomes upset because i
feel that if it ain't broke when i drop it off i ain't paying to have it
fixed.  He tells me he won't be liable for my car and any damages incurred
during the recall fix and to come pick up my car.  His techs are not
touching it he says.  I call VWOA and they regard damages incurred during
recall fixes workmanship issues and the dealers should be responsible.  i
tell Stan this and he says the customer service reps at VWOA don't know what
they are talking about and he is not gonna do it.  I want to know is there
any reputable dealers in the central Ohio who are not looking for a sucker.

TIA!

Joshua C.
'88 16V Red Rocc