Knock sensor woes, tools, stabil

RE:  Idle woes after knock sensor replacement

KE has trouble code set that can be deciphered with Bentley and LED
trouble light.  I'd recommend making one and keeping it in glovebox.  You
can even go to Radio Shaft.  I've made them out of the inexpensive (as
opposed to the horrible 24 g Chinese ones) jumpers with alligator clips.
Buy LED, jumper, resistor and after soldering, cover with shrink tube
(also provides semi-hood for LED).  I've given away two of them (better
than loaning my meter out).  And, since you mucked with the idle air
bypass screw, the OLD O-ring may not be sealing anymore.  Agree that
torquing to spec is good as is reconditioning the contacts for the knock
sensor to wiring harness connector.  I've used "ProGold" by Caig,  VW
even had service bulletin whereby they have upgraded connector with gold
pins?

RE:  Adding to missing Craftsmen sockets

Yes, you can spend time hunting down the missing ones.  I recommend
though a Sears set that has 3/8" drive metric and English SIX point
sockets, a couple of open-ended English spaners, and screwdriver.  Your
previous sockets may well have been 12 point.  Here in Rust Belt, 15+ yr
old cars' fasteners need all the help they can get.  I got the set on
sale for ~$25, had intended to leave it at girlfriends, but kept it for
myself.

RE:  Stabil for fuel tank/gas

Read the label if you have working cat.  My cheap bottle of "starbright"
advised against for cats.  May be just legalese though....(ie don't use
toaster in bath tub).

Hey, if Weber "Big Throats" are going for $135, I've got one complete
with original box.  I'll even throw in a 78 K Jet throttle body (complete
with restrictor).

HTH,

-- Brian D./OH
How can you be in two places at once when you're not anywhere at all...
Firesign Theatre