Fwd: Re: Question for seller --(re:$600 fender)

I've been following this thread a little, and I feel I
need to make a statement.

No offense to anyone here, but why do you care so much
as to harass this guy? If you think it's too
expensive, DON'T BID. If everyone thinks the same way
you do, he'll get the hint. It isn't necessary to
publicly embarrass him. For all you know, he
subscribes to this list.

Something is only worth what someone is willing to
give you for it. There may be someone somewhere who is
willing to pay $600. I doubt it too, but if there is,
this guy just made a bunch of money, and his customer
has an nice NOS-OEM fender. They're happy, and entered
into the agreement of their own free will. If nobody
buys, he'll probably re-list it for less and try
again. Either way, why is it so important to you?

I know you're not really trying to be jerks about it,
and I'm not trying to piss anyone off myself or start
a flame war. But try to think about it from their
perspective, and maybe you'll see what I mean.

People do this all the time on VWVortex and the
i-Club, and it's part of the reason why I don't spend
much time on those sites. All it does is piss off
sellers and embarrass potential (or actual) buyers. I
just saw the worst ever example on the i-Club, which
is probably the real reason why I felt the need to
write this post.

My local Subaru dealer carries MRT rally parts from
Australia. They're building a monster WRX for a
(admittedly wealthy) customer. It will cost over
$45,000 dollars including the car, will produce
600hp+, and involves flying MRT techs in from
Australia to do the tuning. That's a LOT of money, but
obviously someone thought it was worth it. When the
dealer posted in the interest of sharing some exciting
news about building a cool tuner car, some little
troll got on the forum and started demanding to get a
line item list of all the parts & labor because he
just couldn't see how $45k was worth it. He shit all
over something that the buyer and the seller were both
VERY excited about, and purposely tried to ruin their
day. Why? Did it make him feel better? More like a
man? I dunno. For all the people he upset, I hope
so...

Like I said, I'm just trying show another perspective
on the situation that maybe you hadn't considered
before.

Neal

=====
~Neal