16v timing

On Wed, 3 Apr 2002, Joe Doty wrote:

> Sounds like your flywheel has been incorrectly installed, meaning the timing
> marks are off.  I don't trust the mark on the lower timing cover either.  To
> get the timing exact, I prefer to put the skinny end of a micrometer down
> the #1 spark plug hole, and make sure the mark on the cam gear lined up
> correctly.
Hmm,

I thought that the bolt holes were offset so the pressure plate could only
go on the crank one way, and the flywheel to plate pins were offset so
this guy coudl only go on one way, all bets are off if the lcating dowels
have been removed...

Buit then again i was bass ackwards earlier on the timing marks..

peas,

Steve

     If you see a mad professor in a minibus, just smile. --James Bond
                      http://westfailure.org