16v timing

Sounds like your flywheel has been incorrectly installed, meaning the timing
marks are off.  I don't trust the mark on the lower timing cover either.  To
get the timing exact, I prefer to put the skinny end of a micrometer down
the #1 spark plug hole, and make sure the mark on the cam gear lined up
correctly.

Joe