0.80 5th gear question

I think everyone will find the freshened and updated list of
transaxles in the gears
section of scirocco.org more useful.   Check it out. :-)

I have a close ratio box with a 3.94 R&P (converted 2Y) with a .75
fifth.  The drop
from 4th to 5th is fairly large.  If you don't want that, it's not
for you.  Cruising on
the highway is just great...if you spend a decent amount of time on the highway
at high speeds, and the buzz of the .89 or .91 gets to you, this gear could be
for you.  If you're looking to outgun people on the highway, this
gear is not for you.
With this transaxle my car is quite fast up to 110 in fourth, and
kicking it into 5th
at that point results in a big decrease in acceleration...however, it
will probably pull
a few more MPH at the end.  But you can be a hero up till 110, and I
actually should
probably slow down after that... :)

==Brett

\/\/ '88 Scirocco 16v (Show), '92 Passat 16v (Winter+) | - brett@netacc.net