Re: Need Fast Help: Stuck Removing Tranny

>whole transmission seems to be loose, but I can't seem to move it more than
>1/2cm or so away from the engine, and it won't come off.

yup yup. everyone has forgot about the little cover plate at least once.

>Also, what is the safest/best way for a driveway mechanic to take this
>thing
>out?

if you have an engine hoist it makes the job much much easier. but bench
pressin' is an acceptable alternative.

>Oh, and does anyone know how to un-stick an inner CV joint from the flange?

get them cv's off! it really looks like the tranny should come off with them
still on, but i don't think it does. also, taking the pass motor mount
bracket off the tranny makes it easier, but it could probably be done with
it still on. gl,
-michael