Re: scirocco-L-digest V1 #1901

Re:  Headlights/Wiring

Parts Express is also the easiest source of 40A ATC? form factor fuses
(everyone else limited to 30A/green) that allow you to use one of the
available 12g semi waterproof fuse holders.  I then use some Al metal
tape over the cover to aid in weatherproofing.  FWIW, a 30A relay would
sometimes trip on high beam; I had a 100w and 55 H1, a 80/100W H4 and I
think one stock H4.  Parts Express IIRC doesn't offer 40A relays but
there are VW ones that will work.  The metal can "X" load reduction
relay, though may have larger output terminals.  The above can be
argument for using two relays on high beams.  If you run one relay for
highs, consult Bentley to see which side also powers the high beam blue
light indicator.

Also heard on NPR about comment period for refining headlight specs.
Gonzo SUVs have headlights that are about head height in Sciroccos. So,
if relay failed leaving you with no low beams, I may be NBD to run
brights for  a while.  And...if you have left one side's stock wiring
in place, you may be able to switch back to non-relayed for one side?   --
Brian D./OH
How can you be in two places at once when you're not anywhere at all...
Firesign Theatre