Re: Help with shifter alignment. Please

Well,
I have happened to have had to adjust several in the last few days. the
right way to do it in the bentley requires 2 ppl. I found an easier
method. It's the shade tree mechanic version.
jack car up
put jack stands under car
loosen the 13mm nut that holds the adj on the end of the shifting shaft.
pound it all the way on the shaft with the implement of your choice
put your finger between the shifter and the reverse lockout rail. the
pointy part of the shifter.
now center the shifter along the rail that is on the passenger side. THat
is the revers lockout rail.
now tighten up the 13mm that you undid.
notice you dont need no light nor do you need a measuring device.
BTW i got pretty big fingers so you should measure your fingers to check
if they are approximately the right size. insert other finger as required.
brian
87 16v RIP
85 Cabby running and driving.. for sale $1200
82 Cabby flooding out when off... money pit
81S gone to new home.