RE: Armored door plates!!!

Actually, I had an interesting experience concerning a Scirocco and a
slim jim once that might shed some light on the disparate accounts of
slim jim use on the beasts. Back in the early '90s I worked at a
nightclub in the club district. One night after work I realized that
I had locked my keys in my car, but I was not far from a 24-hour
locksmith, so I walked down to the locksmith, and borrowed a slim jim
to get my car open. As I started to insert the slim jim, a rather
disreputable character wandered over from across the street, and said
"here let a professional do it!" In the fifteen minutes that followed
as he tried to get my door open, I found out that this rather scruffy
character "made his living" breaking into the cars of drunk people
out partying, and stealing stuff out of their cars. Ultimately he was
unable to unlock the car, which he attributed to the way VW power
locks worked, and said I was going to have to knock the handle off to
get in. I then took the slim jim, and immediately opened the car.
What turned out to be is problem, was he was trying to hook the
mechanism, and pull it up (as he swore was how you do it on most
cars), but on the Scirocco, I found it much easier to hook the bar
coming from the actuator, and push down. Perhaps this is a common
misconception, that accounts for the difference in performance

The goal is to overcome the deliberate nature of the process.