Re: 2.0 Motronic swap questions

>I am interested in raising my rev limiter - no clue how to do it with CIE-e
>but I think you can "chip" the motronic injection and achieve this- I
>haven't looked too far into it though.

The Motronic swap combined with a Garrett Lim chip has a 7900 rpm rev
limiter, no worries about topping out too often...

The CIS-E to Motronic swap is not the hot ticket to ultimate power, just
like I mention in the Scirocco.org write up...however, it is a logical
next step after you've reached other limits.  I got an increase all the
way across the board, dyno proven actually.  Minor improvements down low,
but something like 9 or 11hp up top...I expect to see even bigger
differences this year on the dyno. :)

And don't bother doing the swap at all if you're going to half-ass it...
use the correct parts...like the injectors for instance...they are
different from the CIS-E units.

I'm hoping to be able to some more back to back runs with a CIS-E
power module on Jim's car this year while it's on the dyno...

==Brett

\/\/ '88 Scirocco 16v (Show), '92 Passat 16v (Winter+) | - brett@netacc.net