which is beefier Fk or 4K?

For all of you who have had these suckers apart, which one am I better off
with - which one would take a better beating?  A quaife is going in also.  I
heard from somewhere that the FK's might have been used as vw motorsport
trannies at one time? I know that the FK is geared a little higher than the
4K - is there a big diff off the line, I have 2.0l 16v with the 1.8l head
and some other stuff sone to the car - I plan on doing autotech cams with a
ported head and will be looking for a way to make up the low end torque I
have now with the euro cam and figured a tranny swap would solve my
problems.

Thanks,
Steve