Brakes/Rotors Revisited.

Thanks for all the info.  It seems like we have a split on what types
of brakes are better.  Some say sloted, some x-drilled.  Seems agreement
is met on cast being better than CNC x-drilled.

Should I bring up the questions of pads :)

Here is the scoop.  Scirocco #1 is off the road right now, and while I
am doing work I figure I would install 10.1 brakes.  I have all the
stuff except the rotors, so why not buy a decent set of I am getting new
rotors.  I don't race.  Simple street driving (well a little harder than
simple).

So anyone want to give me their experience with a good brake setup
(assume 16V front and rear now) for decent stopping on street
applications.  IE: brand x rotors and brand y pads work great together
(or not).

Just want some info before I invest in a complete new set all the way
around.

Cory