Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2001 15:23:06 EDT
From: BFDEIHL@aol.com
Subject: Re: Copper gauge/ OT

Sometimes it's hard to tell when somebody is kidding, over the net.  The
"economics" of running the smallest proper guage wire is a real world
consideration when you are planning a building install, but so is the Vdrop
calc.

The lower the applied voltage, and the higher the amp load- the more
significant the effect of voltage drop in a conductor.

The math:

for copper conductors- (rule of thumb equation)

25.8, times distance to load in feet, times amp load-divided by conductor
cross-section in cir. mil.= Vdrop

#2 ga wire- 66360 cir mil (ref. table 8 NEC)
#6 ga wire- 26240 cir mil

Considering a 90A load, and 15 feet from battery to load

-- Brian D./OH
How can you be in two places at once when you're not anywhere at all...
Firesign Theatre