A3 bottom-end into a mk2, anyone going to Puhrump, NV in Oct. for the race?

Anyone know what a used A3 bottom-end runs for?  I wanna use a A3  bottom end
and switch to a hydraulic head, possibly out of an A2.  With that
combination, a few other bolt-on mods and possibly a 4k tranny, I'm hoping to
get away from the laggy stock 90-something horses, and onto a faster 0-60
time.

Another question:  I have an 85 rocco, and it was always my understanding
that VW started to use the hydraulic self adjusting heads instead of the
shims (with the  disks over the valves) in 1985 but,  I checked my car out
and it is has the shim disk lifting head. Is this because the car was most
likely made in 84 and sold as an 85 model?  All in all it wasn't a big deal
cause Bill from Hesperia let me use his valve depressor and shim kits to do
my valve adjustment. (By the way thanks again Bill, the car runs great now!)

Anyone going to Puhrump this October.  I think Jay might run his Porsche, and
I just might go up with my rocco, but we'll see.
Premo
premorocco85.4t.com