Re: A3 bottom-end into a mk2, anyone going to Puhrump, NV in Oct. for the race?

> Another question:  I have an 85 rocco, and it was
> always my understanding
> that VW started to use the hydraulic self adjusting
> heads instead of the
> shims (with the  disks over the valves) in 1985

===your understanding is incorrect. :-(

Some VWs switched to hydraulic lifters in 1985 (all
Golfs, GTI, Jettas).

Scirocco 8V continued with solid lifters up to 1988,
when I understand that some came with hydraulic.

=====
Mark Peele
1985 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco, 1981 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)