Re: US bumpers=safer! was Re: US bumpers=ugly

> It's all about taste and the desire to be different,
> and not being concerned with safety. That extra couple
> of inches just might make the difference between
> totaled and just needing new bumpers.

this extra couple of inches added to my Scirocco
would be the difference for me to take the bus instead :-)

if you're concerned about safety, the Scirocco
isn't the car to drive for you anyway.
Safety standards are from 20 years ago.

Those big bumpers will not help you or your car  in a real accident.

> Yeah, tell that to some of those Euro listers
> converting their headlights to U.S. style.

O.K. I also did that. It's not the point however.

But you don't see a single Scirocco here that is converted from
Euro-bumpers to US-big bumpers.
And we love our cars and lifes in a similar way that you do...

after all, everybody should put on the kind of bumpers
that he/she likes, but safety can't be a reason for changing them.

friendly Greetings and  have a great weekend !
Dirk