Re: [Mk1 model car ] Minichamps released new series of Mk1 Scirocco - very nice !

--- Dan Bubb <jdbubb@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> Actually, Mark, the 75 green was quite a bit darker
> than the 76 green. I
> bought the 76, but they wouldn't let me test drive
> it. I test drove a
> green 75, so I remembered this detail pretty well.
> I'm sorry for my smart-ass reply to Dirk. I just
> didn't think a Scirocco
> needed a "Viper" color to be cool, not knowing, of
> course, that in
> Germany it was actually called VIPERNGRÜN-METALLIC!
> In the US it was called Lime Green Metallic and 96N
> seems to be the
> color code I remember, but there's no way to verify
> that now.
> Dan

I found Viper Green on the ETKA last night (a 1975
version too) - I left the code # at home . . .

The '76 brochure lists Lime Green.

I could swear that my 1975 was Palma Metallic, but I
could not find that color on ETKA (I was very tired .
. )

In any case, it was this green:

http://www.driversfound.com/scirocco/history/1975/2broc-1975a.htm

:-)

=====
Mark Peele
1985 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco, 1981 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)