Re: NIMDA Virus is not a joke. (Ask Julie)

Gary Huff wrote:

> When will people realize that real computers shouldn't have to use "virus protection"? You should know this Julie ;) Don't bother upgrading to I.E. anything, do yourselves all a favor, and get rid of the Microsoft garbage polluting your machines. <snip>
>

> > Both machines had the lastest updates and should have been safe. But it
> > still killed me...
> >
> > Upgrade to IE 6.0 if possible and BEFORE opening any Outlook mail update any
> > DAT files needed to update your anti-virus.
> >
> > Good luck & get an electronic condom...

<snip>
> > Julie Macfarlane
> > (Web Developer)

Julie, Julie, Julie. <sigh>

I feel your pain.

But, Dammit! Get rid of:

Outlook (Remove it entirely from your system. Now) [All of it]
Internet Explorer. (If you must, install it on the 'second' computer.)

Eudora makes decent email app, others do too, and browsers need not be a
part of the OS, despite what MS says.

Contact me directly if you'd like details.

TBerk
Writing this from a Mac G4, with my back to my Win2k and Win98/Linux systems.