Re: power shifting

Define "power shifting"

When I road race, I power shift per se by stabbing the clutch whilst
almost simultaneously lifting on the accelerator and moving the shift
lever into the next higher gear.  This is a bit tough on synchros but
it does make for fast shifts which are critical, especially when
cornering.

In the 16v, the torque starts to drop off around 6200 rpms -
therefore, I set my shift light around 6200 rpms and try to shift
close to that speed although it's tough when you're racing door
handle to door handle.

To date, no one's been killed speed shifting although more than one
transmission died an untimely death.

--- Cathy Boyko <losinit@usa.net> wrote:
> My hubby wants me to ask if anyone has advice on power shifting,
> since it
> should drop his ET's if he can do it consistently. Tips and what to
> avoid
> would be appreciated, thanks. (like anybody killed anything doing
> it? best
> rpms? that kind of stuff) LMK, thanks. Cathy

=====
Matthew